
That is what my son calls chutes and ladders. We got a bunch of games for Christmas, and my kids want to play them all the time! This morning I was reminded why we don't. The girls set the board up and we were ready to go right? Nope. Zach's "man" wasn't put together yet. I offered to do it for him to which he replied "NO, let me!!" That is his favorite phrase right now. I like to think I am a patient person, but I know better. Its bad enough waiting on him by myself, but when you add Kirsi and Kaylee to the mix, it can be scary. So we girls sat waiting for the little guy to figure out how to put his piece together. I knew eventually he would hand it to me, which he did. Okay now the spinning begins. Zach spins until he gets it just right, and moves wherever he wants to on the board. At first I correct him and make sure he plays "the right way" but after a few turns to heck with it!! Let the kid move the guy to the top (then he'll win and the game can be over). Kaylee can figure out the right places to go, but always gets bored half way through. So she starts pulling out Dora Candyland to play next. Kirsi is very intent on finishing the game, as always. So she and I play. She says "I don't care if you win, its just a game" but she really means, "You better let me win or I'll throw a fit and make you play with me until I do!" So I let her win. And finally the game is over. Just in time for another! Gotta love quality time with the kids.
0 comments:
Post a Comment