Friday, February 22, 2008

A Mother's Morning

The sun hits my bedroom window.
There is no more denying its morning.
Todays mundane tasks flood my mind.
I don't want to be Mom today!

The heap of laundry in my bathroom
making breakfast, lunch, and what to do for dinner
Dressing the children and rushing them off to school
I don't want to be Mom today!

Changing poopy diapers and wiping runny noses
Picking up around the house
just to have it destroyed in minutes
I don't want to be mom today!

The endless chorus of "I need you!"
The crusty dishes in the sink
The sweeping, vacuuming, and dusting
Don't make me be Mom today!

Picking up kids from school
The grocery shopping
Taking the van to the shop... again
Can someone else PLEASE be Mom today?!

The pitter patter of little feet get closer
My door swings open and in rush the children
"Good morning Mommy!" followed by hugs and kisses
The sweetness in their eyes, and purity of their souls
I thank my Father in Heaven I am a Mom today.

1 comments:

Kelly

Hey Emily! It's Kelly (Richards)I found you through Jodi's blog. So, you left Lehi huh? We're still here. send me an email and I'll send you an invite to my blog. You have a darling family! Wow-4 kids. I'm impressed.
mkkunz1@juno.com