Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Good Ole Mr. Hoover

Its a sad day when your children realize the vacuum doesn't really suck up EVERYTHING. I love to use the vacuum as a little motivation. When my darlings take too long cleaning things up I whip it out and turn it on. Kirsi is passed the "vacuum is the destroyer" stage, and could care less. But Kaylee still believes anything in its way will be eaten. Yesterday was one such occasion. I pulled out the vacuum and Kaylee went mad picking things up. However, she became very upset when she saw her baby sister sitting on the floor. I was busy vacuuming away, I could hear screaming, but that wasn't unusual so I continued. Kaylee and Zach sat on the couch screaming (again not unusual). When I turned off the vacuum Kaylee dove off the couch and scooped Anneli onto her lap. She said, "I thought you were going to get killed! But you are okay, you didn't get killed!" That both made me laugh, and touched me deeply. Kaylee has always been a little sweetheart concerned about everyone else. It breaks my heart to think in my haste to get things moving along, I led her to believe she was going to lose her baby sister. Perhaps I'll rethink the vacuum thing next time (the again, maybe not).

2 comments:

Mama Bean

Yeah, I remembered that you had a blog, I just couldn't remember the name of it. I FOUND YOU!!! I love the vacuum will eat it up. And Lima has had more then one item "eaten" by it, so she truly does believe it, even shoes. HAHAHA. See you on the 4th?

Destination Davis

HILARIOUS!!! Love it! We must get out again soon...Love ya!