Monday, February 2, 2009

Freezer meals

In a few months my life is going to get considerably more busy and complicated. I have been thinking of ways to reduce stress and make things a little easier on myself. I know that dinner is one of my biggest sources of stress. So, I have decided to make freezer meals a habit. Problem, I have never done it before, I have 3-4 recipes, and I don't know what freezes well. Please help. If you have any recipes, tips or tricks I would appreciate your sending them to me. Thanks so much!

4 comments:

Adrianne

Tiffany Winegar is really into this and can tell you what works. Shauna Eccles does frezer meals and I'm fairly sure she will let you borrow her book. It is a great idea and I wish you all the best. If you need to borrow a crock pot or anything, please let me know.

Andrew and Lori

There are a bunch of cookbooks about freezer meals. I have one called Dinner is Ready. My sister froze a bunch of meals for us to use while they were gone and we were wathing their kids, it worked out great. I am sure you could get some of the cookbooks at the library.
Lori

Eames

Mary has a CD that I used when I had my shoulder surgery and everyone came over and made me freezer meals.

It was great cuz it made a list of EVERYTHING I needed to buy!

Heidi

We do freezer meals every quarter in our ward so we have found a bunch of things that work. I love them. Let me know if you want some of our recipes or ideas. It works so well to do it in a group and just mass produce.