Friday, May 30, 2008

Life is full of irony

#1: Am I the only one who thinks the phrase "There is nothing wrong" at the doctors office is BAD news? Don't get me wrong, I would never wish illness or injury upon anyone. Having said that, I HATE when I go to the doctor and "everything is just fine." It means one of two things: either I have to wait whatever illness out, which is always fun, or it means that I am neurotic. Zachary did something to his foot, I had my back to him and didn't see the big event. He has been limping on it for two days. I decided to take him in, wait forever, put him through x-rays... all for "He's just fine." Great okay, thanks. I took the walk of shame once again. I think that office laughs when I leave. "There goes another one of those Mothers." Then again, if I hadn't taken him in, his foot would have been screwed up for life.

#2: Why is it that as a mother you feel guilty when you don't make a well balanced, home cooked meal. Yet, as you are busily preparing one, your children stand by the stove and BEG for cereal?

#3: Have you ever tried keeping your children up a little later one night so you can "sleep in" the following morning? Of course the following morning they will NOT sleep in, but instead, wake up an hour early.

Am I wrong?

3 comments:

Melanie

Totally right about EVERYTHING! Except I never feel guilty for not preparing a 'well balanced' meal. And how true about the doctor's office. "I just paid a co-pay for that?" These words are commonly heard after a non-incident (apparently) trip to the office. Sometimes, I just want him to prescribe something just so I don't feel like it was a TOTAL waste of time.

Chad and Amy

AMEN!

Heidi

I second that Amen!