Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day

This weekend is going to be BUSY, so I thought I would post this a little early. I couldn't let Mother's Day go by without saying something about my wonderful Mom's.




Mother's Day is always a bittersweet day for me. I miss my mother SO much. We were really close. I know that she is aware of me, and that she still plays a role in my life. But I would give just about anything to hug her, smell her, hear her laugh. There are so many days I want to call her on the phone and ask for advice, or share a laugh. She was the kind of mom I am striving to be. I love you Mom!!!!



My mother in-law is the best! She is everything I need her to be and more! I admire her so much! She is the strongest, most positive woman I have ever met. She truly inspires me. Thanks for all you do and are Dianne!!

(Image coming soon)

My Step Mom Laura is fabulous too! It is hard losing a mother, but Laura has been so good to me and my children! I remember when I was in the hospital after giving birth to Kaylee. I was on this aweful medication that made me feel so sick. I was miserable and scared. She brought me treats and rubbed my feet and legs. She has been there for the birth of every child; even Kirsi (Dad and Laura weren't even married yet!). I love you Laura!!

Who can say something about Mother's Day without expressing gratitude for the opportunity to be a mother. I love my children SO much. They truly are special. Each one adds spice to my life. I am grateful my Father in Heaven has trusted me with them for a while.

2 comments:

Heidi

Sweet post! The picture of you and your mom made me tear up. She was a wonderful woman and left a great legacy.

Mandy

Happy Mother's Day Marina! Happy Mother's Day Emiily. In case you were wondering, this is Mandy from the good old 17th ward. I found your blog through Amy's I think? Anywho, It's good to see you and your cute little family! I hope you had a good Mother's Day! I'm sure your mom knows you've wished her happy mother's day and I KNOW she aware of you and is watching over you! That is such a cute picture of you two! How's Valerie and Jennifer doing? Take Care!
Mandy