
I know I didn't do a Christmas post. And for good reason. I am lazy. I don't want to take the pictures off the camera, and I really don't want to post them. But I am feeling the need to post something.. so here goes.
We had a very interesting but special Christmas at our place. First of all we were blessed with the company of my sisters, which made my children ecstatic. They were so fun to have around! I loved it. I am glad they were willing to sleep on my floor and couch, and wait in the basement until the camera was set up, and eat our traditional Finnish pancakes for breakfast, even though waffles sounded better.
Also, we found out a few days before Christmas that we are expecting A BOY!!!! YEAH!! Zach will get his little buddy after all!
We got to visit with Cameron and his family. They drove 35 straight hours to be with us! We enjoyed them for a week, which was far too short. Their 3 boys are so cute, my kids had a lot of fun with them.
The most important thing that I wanted to comment on was how proud I am of my husband and children!! We had a special family home evening (Mark's idea) where we read Luke 2, and displayed our authentic Jerusalem nativity scene. I read, and Mark placed the coinciding character on the table. It was fabulous, and definitely become a tradition. The children were captivated, and I was humbled by there sincere desire to learn about Jesus. We try hard every year to remind them what Christmas is all about. I think this year it began sinking in. I explained to the kids that we often get excited about Santa, and forget about Jesus Christ. Well, on Christmas Eve Kaylee offered the sweetest prayer. In it she said, "Please help us remember Jesus." Simple. It still makes me tear up. I love my family, I love the Gospel, and I loved our Christmas. It came and went way too fast.
I am looking forward to what this year will bring. Most of all, the baby. Kaylee will start Kindergarten, Zach will start primary and preschool, Kirsi will be a big second grader!! Mark and I will turn the big 30! Wow, what fun we have to look forward to! I hope you read a long and share the fun with us.
Also, we found out a few days before Christmas that we are expecting A BOY!!!! YEAH!! Zach will get his little buddy after all!
We got to visit with Cameron and his family. They drove 35 straight hours to be with us! We enjoyed them for a week, which was far too short. Their 3 boys are so cute, my kids had a lot of fun with them.
The most important thing that I wanted to comment on was how proud I am of my husband and children!! We had a special family home evening (Mark's idea) where we read Luke 2, and displayed our authentic Jerusalem nativity scene. I read, and Mark placed the coinciding character on the table. It was fabulous, and definitely become a tradition. The children were captivated, and I was humbled by there sincere desire to learn about Jesus. We try hard every year to remind them what Christmas is all about. I think this year it began sinking in. I explained to the kids that we often get excited about Santa, and forget about Jesus Christ. Well, on Christmas Eve Kaylee offered the sweetest prayer. In it she said, "Please help us remember Jesus." Simple. It still makes me tear up. I love my family, I love the Gospel, and I loved our Christmas. It came and went way too fast.
I am looking forward to what this year will bring. Most of all, the baby. Kaylee will start Kindergarten, Zach will start primary and preschool, Kirsi will be a big second grader!! Mark and I will turn the big 30! Wow, what fun we have to look forward to! I hope you read a long and share the fun with us.
2 comments:
HEHEHEHE I still have another year before I turn 30. But my mister will turn 32 this year. Congrats on the boy.
I love your update. Even without pictures it is fun to read. I am glad you are having a boy. Things needed to equal out a bit more. Congratulations!
Post a Comment