Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mom's last words

As I mentioned in a previous blog, my mother called me minutes before she went into cardiac arrest. She and my dad had planned a trip, and my mom wasn't going to be around for my grandma's birthday. She called me to make me promise I would visit Grandma. At the time I thought it was silly, but now I realize how important that request was. Because, as you know, she wouldn't be around for anymore birthdays. We threw my grandma a birthday party. It was yet another bittersweet moment. I've always been close to Grandma, and feel blessed to have her in my life. I can call her anytime and just cry if I need to. She understands more than anyone. I love her. I truly believe that one of the reasons Mom hung on for a few weeks was so she could indeed be there for Grandma's birthday, at least to the best of her ability. My grandma was by her side day in and day out.

I love you Grandma! Happy Birthday!

0 comments: